Friday, October 28, 2011

A Holding Time


After a day of lots of resting and discomfort, yesterday our mom awoke with a little bit of new energy.  She was very alert during the nurses visit and told her she was very excited to see her sister Natalie who had just flown into town, and her nephew Zach who had just returned from a two year LDS mission to Australia.    When our Aunt Natalie and our Uncle Chris and Aunt Kate arrived with their children, we were all able to gather up in her bedroom around her. My mom savored every minute of hearing Zach share about his service teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Aunt Nanny came and curled up beside our mom, and kissed her hand. She was very aware and even participating in the conversation--this was a miracle as she had hardly been able to move from her position on the bed the day before.

A little later Lindsay was able to bring Jordan up.  Our mom held him and asked if anyone had a camera. 

The rest of the day she was quite tired and rested most of the day--we took turns being with her.  It was a holding time.  A time of holding still, holding her hand, holding her presence as we knelt by her or helped her try to get comfortable.  We sat by her and read many of the memories and sentiments many of you have sent to her.    Many of them made her laugh and us cry. 

We have been held in the arms of love through all of your prayers, faith, love, meals, and words.  As we look back on this time we feel that God has cradled our family with a very thick spirit of peace.  

2 comments:

  1. I am Robyn's cousin, Jennifer Wiest Christensen and I just learned of her passing. I have been smiling and crying as I look at these sweet pictures and think of the amazing life Robyn lived and all the lives she touched. Although, I didn't have the pleasure or living close to my Curtis cousins growing up, I always felt like I must have been Robyn's favorite cousin by the sweet and warm reception I always got from her when I did see her. One of my cherished memories was of Robyn and Lane being with me and my parents in the Chicago temple when I went for the first time before my mission. It was wonderful to be there with them and it meant so much to me that they would makme the effort to come and support me at that special time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. What a blessing to know that families are forever!
    Love, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete